I worked on three of the background tilesets for this game and this project marked a departure for me as previously I had only created tileset art in pixel art. For this one the games art assets were being created in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop which at that time I had not used for a couple of years. Me vector illustration tool of choice at this time was Xara Studio and Inkscape, so this is what I used to create the graphics for this one.
One of the issues I discovered with creating vector art for tiles is sometimes when scaling down to the game resolution you end up with horrible semi transparent pixels where there should be sold pixels. The system used in this game made sure each tile had an overlap area so effectively this join would not be seen. If you look at the tiles themselves you will see this in practice.
(If I were to work on a game like this today my choice of software would be Affinity Designer, Krita and Inkscape. Stoo/2023)