Having written the new GDD(Game Design Document for those not in the know) for Blobbit iPush which also includes a few concept sketches and illustrations, the next step is to start some proper development work. A little bit later than planned but hey, better late than never I say! Ta Da!!
After a few seconds of thought and a couple of emails to Mark it become clear that Flash wasn’t really the way to go and Unity the rather most spiffingly excellent indie developer friendly 3D engine and game dev system would do the trick rather better.
It’s been a few days now since I began my tinkering about with the editor and generally got my head around the Unity interface which is really rather straightforward once you get past the initial bewilderment associated with something new and alien. Well it is to me anyway…So far so good.
I’ve spent most of today and some of what was left over from last night converting the Blobbit Push sprite set over to Unity. After a false start and a dodgy mouse button which has incidently got worse, I can say that even the added bit of alpha blending is making an appearance on the enhanced set of sprites.
Look it’s the death anim… The sprites may be smaller than the original set but I’ve managed to retain the detail and given them a bit of extra smooochie smooth stuff for their outing on the iPhone. Lubberly!!
I split one of the support legs on the base of my office chair a couple of days ago and have been trying to use it whilst holding off a virtual sense of seasickness. Alas to say it’s not been an overwhelming success and my poor old back has been feeling the strain. Enough I said…I have an idea…k’PING!
Well today I dug out the old chair from the loft which incidentally is fine but requires a new gas cylinder, unless of course you have an extremely low desk which would make it perfectly functional. I don’t as my desk is slightly higher than average so need every cubic gram of gas to elevate me to the right height.
I popped the old base off the gas lift thingy, with I might add a little bit of persuasion from some 3 in 1 oil and a hammer, off it came and on went the old from me other chair. Sorted!!
I don’t feel like I’m on a boat anymore.. cool!!
Development can continue.
I think I’ve got the design flow sussed now. It’s bloody handy having real hardware to try images out on as I can pretend the UI is working even though I’m just flicking back and forth with the iphone picture viewer.
If I can get the flow finished tonight I can resume things tomorrow with my arty farty hat on and get some of the extra bits of art started without further delay. Sorted!!!!
I am currently listening to Me and Armini by Emiliana Torrini … nice album…